Field Fisher Waterhouse
- Our team regularly advises clients in the football industry. Such guidance has included advice based on working relationships with UEFA, FIFA, Football Association, Premier League and Football League. We advise on topics such as the Owners and Directors Test, parachute payments, the football creditors rule, disclosure obligations in takeovers, conflicts of interest and third party player ownership contracts.
- Our team has provided insight on UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations and how they may affect the future financial planning of football clubs.
- We have worked with sports bodies such as the FA and the RFU on regulatory and disciplinary issues and we have supported the FA's safeguarding team on regulatory issues.
Rugby Football Union:
- We have advised and represented both clubs and players before regional and national disciplinary panels of the RFU at first instance and appeal. In addition, our lawyers have advised clubs on governance issues and compliance with salary cap regulations.
Wasserman Media Group:
- We advised on several contractual disputes in the UK and Germany involving the sponsorship and marketing deals of their leading sports stars.
- We assisted in relation to regulatory aspects of its acquisition of a German sports marketing company and ongoing negotiations regarding termination of an agency relationship.
- We trained their football agents on the new UEFA Financial Fair Play rules and issues surrounding player transfers and third party ownership issues.
- We are instructed by Lord Justice Goldring to act as the solicitors to the inquests into the Hillsborough stadium disaster. Our Public and Regulatory Group are working to prepare the inquests to commence on 31 March 2014.
- The fresh inquests were ordered late in 2012 by the Divisional Court after an application by the Attorney General following an investigation by the Hillsborough Independent Panel into the circumstances of how 96 fans at an FA cup semi-final match on 15 April 1989 lost their lives.
- We advised on the drafting and implementation of licence conditions and guidance/policy documents and have advised on proposed changes to the Commission's publication policy.
- We are acting for the Commission in a judicial review relating to the interpretation of the Gambling Act and the application of the Commission's licence conditions, guidance and Codes of Practice by local authorities.
- We are assisting with regards to regulatory action and enforcement of licence conditions, including the interpretation and implementation of a particular licence condition. We have assisted the Commission in its co-ordination of these various issues and its handling of an ongoing consultation on the drafting of the licence condition and related documents
Want to train for a new career as a personal trainer for FREE?? Ask us how... read more
Why should you join the ASPSU? Does this help? read more
Join the ASPSU TODAY! It could be worth £'000's to you!! read more
If ever you doubted the need for insurance, read about Jamie Byatt's story.... read more
Do you play football? Are you insured for injuries you can get when playing? read more
Claim Your FREE Guide
Whether it's a major source of income or simply a hobby, football can be extremely tough on mind and body alike!
This unique guide from veteran semi-professional footballer Francis Duku, will explain how the support of a footballing union, and the creation of a nationwide community for all involved in the game at the grassroots levels, be it player, manager, fan or otherwise, could transform your experience of the beautiful game!
Simply spend a few seconds filling in your details in the boxes below. (Don’t worry – this information will be kept completely confidential)
This is not an e-book!
we post it to you the old-fashioned way
Once you have filled in your details, be sure to check your email, as we will contact you immediately to complete the process and arrange for your guide to be dispatched.